Terms and conditions for NAAFI Jigsaw Competition
This Photography competition (the ‘Competition’) is subject to the following Terms and Conditions (‘Conditions’) and by entering the Competition you agree to be bound by them.
- By entering the competition, you warrant to International NAAFI that all information submitted by you regarding yourself and your competition entry (‘Entry’) is true and accurate and complete in every respect. NAAFI reserves the right to verify any information provided in connection with your Entry.
- All Entries must be received by 23:59 (BST) on 26th November 2021
- The Competition is open to persons who are resident in the United Kingdom, and also to persons who are resident outside of the United Kingdom provided that they able to enter the Competition without breaching any law or regulation of the jurisdiction in which they are resident.
- NAAFI shall be entitled to assume that the parents or guardians of any entrant who is less than 18 years old have consented to that person’s entry into the Competition. Entrants may be required to provide proof of identity and if aged under 18, should be able to demonstrate to NAAFI’s satisfaction that their parent or guardian has given their consent to such entry.
- NAAFI reserves the right in its absolute discretion to disqualify any entrant if it believes that an entrant has breached any of the Conditions, any applicable law (including without limitation copyright law) or has infringed the intellectual property of any other person. Each entrant acknowledges and agrees that any failure to comply with the Conditions may lead to NAAFI disqualifying that person, without NAAFI being required to give any reason for such disqualification or granting any opportunity for challenge.
- Entries should be submitted in a HIGH RESOLUTION format, minimum 300 dpi. Images which are not high resolution may be discounted from the competition. Entries should be submitted by the Closing Date (26th November 2021) and in the manner set out in these conditions. Failure to do so may result in disqualification.
- All entries must be submitted in digital format.
- Prize-winners will be selected and notified by 17th December 2021 at the latest, by email. The winning image will be selected by the NAAFI judges to feature in a jigsaw which will be sold to raise funds for the NAAFI Welfare Fund (NAAFI Welfare Fund is operated through the Armed Forces Covenant Trust). The winner will receive one of the jigsaws produced.
- NAAFI accepts no responsibility for Entries lost, damaged or delayed whether due to transmission errors, website malfunction, computer error or otherwise. Intellectual property rights and data protection.
- Entrants agree to their winning pictures appearing in NAAFI’s blogs, Facebook, twitter and other social medias.
- By submitting an Entry in the Competition you grant to NAAFI a non-exclusive royalty-free worldwide commercial licence unlimited in time, to use the Entry (whether or not it wins the Competition) in all formats and in any medium of communication, and for all promotional purposes which NAAFI shall consider appropriate. You represent and warrant to NAAFI, with the intention that NAAFI shall rely on such representation and warranty, that each of your Entries is original, and that you own each of them exclusively and have the right, without the permission of any other person or legal entity, to license to NAAFI the rights in the Entry for all the purposes contemplated in these Conditions. The scope of the licence granted to NAAFI in this paragraph 12 shall include your irrevocable permission to NAAFI to use, reproduce, publish, display, transmit, copy, amend, store, and sell your Entry worldwide for such purposes as NAAFI shall think fit without restriction.
- Any personal information relating to entrants will be used by NAAFI in accordance with data protection legislation in force in England.
- All Competition entrants unconditionally agree to the use of their name, and disclosure of their county of residence in connection with any Entry which is published in any form in any media.
Governing law and jurisdiction
- These Conditions and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with them or their subject matter (including the Competition), validity, termination or enforceability (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the Law of England and Wales.
- The Courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction in relation to any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with the Conditions or their subject matter (including non-contractual disputes or claims).