Chief Financial Officer
Salary: c£125k base plus c60% bonus plus car allowance and private healthcare
Sector: Facilities Management
Established in 1920 to provide a taste of home for British Armed Forces around the world, the Royal NAAFI is now based in Whiteley, Fareham and expanding rapidly.
As the MoD’s in-house provider of retail, catering, soft FM and much more, NAAFI operate on rolling 10-year agreements with the MoD, with current agreements in place until 2030. As a not-for-profit organisation, NAAFI return all trading surpluses back into supporting British Armed Forces, either as direct financial contributions to the locations that generated it, investment in the facilities they operate or through the NAAFI Fund.
NAAFI operate in the UK, Brunei, the Falklands, Ascension Island, Gibraltar, Germany, Poland, Estonia and on-board HM Ships on deployment, through exercise and operational support. More recently, NAAFI launched an ecommerce store and chain of cafes on the high street. The aim is to establish a significant UK business over the next 7 years growing to over 70 sites. NAAFI remain ready to operate further afield wherever and whenever needed. NAAFI today is a modern, agile, and dynamic organisation whose core focus remains the same; to ‘serve the services’ by providing convenience and a taste of home to the UK’s Forces and their families overseas.
The Board is now looking to hire a CFO with the passion and capacity to drive NAAFI to deliver its current Strategic Plan. Through this, the organisation will continue to demonstrate value for money across all services, deliver against all KPI’s with a high-quality offer and generate surpluses. As an arms-length body of the MoD, there are a substantial number of key stakeholders, ranging across multiple government departments as well as Armed Forces and military communities across the world. The organisation is looking to identify a CFO who has the gravitas, credibility and skill to support NAAFI through a period of significant growth and change and to take advantage of recent technological investments and making it simpler for the team to deliver. Given the quality and commitment of the executive and senior management team, the Board is confident that NAAFI can continue to deliver on its promise and commitments to customers and stakeholders alike.
- Oversee all financial activities across the organisation and ensure that robust financial practice, systems, processes and controls are upheld throughout
- Add strategic value at Board level, in particular re. risk, governance and commercial direction
- Partner the CEO driving the organisation forward on the growth journey and ensuring NAAFI is achieving its strategic objectives
- Establish relationships with key stakeholders and external parties such as banks and auditors
- Develop tax and appropriate financial strategies to ensure NAAFI remains compliant across international locations
- Represent NAAFI externally when required
- Provide a wide and up-to-date view of external factors and events that may affect NAAFI and its operations worldwide
- Most importantly demonstrate a strong and visible passion and commitment to our Armed Forces
This role is a high profile and visible position of responsibility and leadership and the ideal candidate will have a clear track record of achievement and success in their career to date. Ideal candidates should be excited by the growth and expansion that NAAFI has planned for the coming years and should be fully committed to the NAAFI ethos, missions and clear purpose of the organisation in supporting the British Armed Forces.
EquityFD are exclusively retained to partner NAAFI to source their new CFO. All CVS should be sent to email@example.com. Please do not submit CVS directly to NAAFI. Any CVS sent directly will be forwarded to EquityFD.